Thursday, August 18, 2011

It feels good....

To be under 200 pounds. Finally! Actually, my last official weigh in put me at 194.6, so I have a good 5 lb safety barrier between me and 200. 
I wish I could be more inspirational, but here is the cold hard truth: I am not working out, I am not counting calories, I am eating whatever I want, and I am losing weight anyway. The key? I just don't eat as much as I used to. Period. It works.
All this time...all that hard work...I over complicated everything. It's just about not eating everything in sight and not getting so damn excited about food. And now the weight is finally dropping. And people are finally noticing.
I'm not going to do the half marathon in the fall, for a lot of reasons, but the main one being that I'm actually afraid training will screw up my weight loss. I mean...it didn't really do anything for me last year, as far as weight loss went. I lost two freaking pounds. I'm afraid that all that calorie burning will make my appetite surge again.
Call me a quitter, or whatever. I miss running, and as soon as the heat index drops to below 110 every day I'm going to run again.
But for now? I'm finally happy with myself. I feel like there is a huge monkey off my back because I've finally lost my fear of food. I feel 17 again in a way. I can drink a regular soda and not think about it. I can have cake and not eat the whole thing. It's just not an issue.
And I'm looking pretty damn good too...if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay yay!!!

    I am so excited for you!!
    That is really awesome!

    (And just for the record I miss you like a lot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great! i had the same thing happen this past fall when i stated ww and wasn't running. i was scared to start running again. i did and lost a little more but now i'm at a standstill again :(

    ReplyDelete