Wow! I am so new to blogging that I didn't even know the existence of blog awards until I was nominated for one. Tara at So Skinny on the Inside nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award! I am touched beyond words. I love this blog with all of my heart, but even so, never expected anyone else to think much of it. Thank you, Tara!!!
Ok, so the rules of this award are as follows. You have to share 7 things about yourself, nominate 15 other blogs that you have recently discovered, and let your nominees know about the awards. So here goes:
Seven Things About Jennifer
1. I really don't like to be called Jennifer at all. The people closest to me call me Jenny, and if my husband ever calls me Jennifer then I know he's mad at me about something. Oh, and I'm cool with being called Jen, too, but please not Jennifer.
2. I got laid off from my job at a luxury accessory company last August, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me! I am now a full time student and mother and am able for the first time in years to really work on ME. Sometimes blessings come around in the strangest of ways.
3. My husband and I got engaged on the day that we met! We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary next February, and it has been a fantastic decade.
4. I am very absentminded and have been known to go buy groceries, put them in the trunk, forget to close it, and lose them all on the way home. I've also lost my wallet/purse in the same store so many times that they started to just put it up for me and wait until I came in looking for it. I'm a huge ditz.
5. I have never been off the east coast. I've been as far north as New York and as far south as St. Augustine, and to every state in between, but I have never even ventured next door to Alabama!
6. I like to watch really trashy reality television. I can't help it, I just can't turn my eyes away. 16 and Pregnant, Teen Moms, Real Housewives of New York City, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila...basically everything that most normal people want to avoid, I love! It's my guilty pleasure.
7. I used to be a writer...I was published in a few newspapers and won a few awards when I was younger, but I put it down after I became a mother. That's one reason why I love this blog so much...I feel like I'm reconnecting with a part of my former self.
Okay, so as for nominating 15 other blogs, I'm going to have to break the rules here. The following blogs are blogs that I truly love, and that you should really check out because these women are AMAZING, but I decided to do a top 6 instead . Oh, well! I nominate the following people:
- Kristina at My Journey to the Middle
- Andrea at Journey to the Half Marathon
- Heather at An Inquiring Mind
- Meredith at The Next Installment Is...
- Tonya at Fat Girl Running
- Jessica at Healthy for 100