Friday, August 6, 2010

Somebody Likes Me! Somebody Really Really Likes Me!!


Wow! I am so new to blogging that I didn't even know the existence of blog awards until I was nominated for one. Tara at So Skinny on the Inside nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award! I am touched beyond words. I love this blog with all of my heart, but even so, never expected anyone else to think much of it. Thank you, Tara!!!

Ok, so the rules of this award are as follows. You have to share 7 things about yourself, nominate 15 other blogs that you have recently discovered, and let your nominees know about the awards. So here goes:

Seven Things About Jennifer
1. I really don't like to be called Jennifer at all. The people closest to me call me Jenny, and if my husband ever calls me Jennifer then I know he's mad at me about something. Oh, and I'm cool with being called Jen, too, but please not Jennifer.

2. I got laid off from my job at a luxury accessory company last August, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me! I am now a full time student and mother and am able for the first time in years to really work on ME. Sometimes blessings come around in the strangest of ways.

3. My husband and I got engaged on the day that we met! We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary next February, and it has been a fantastic decade.

4. I am very absentminded and have been known to go buy groceries, put them in the trunk, forget to close it, and lose them all on the way home. I've also lost my wallet/purse in the same store so many times that they started to just put it up for me and wait until I came in looking for it. I'm a huge ditz.

5. I have never been off the east coast. I've been as far north as New York and as far south as St. Augustine, and to every state in between, but I have never even ventured next door to Alabama!

6. I like to watch really trashy reality television. I can't help it, I just can't turn my eyes away. 16 and Pregnant, Teen Moms, Real Housewives of New York City, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila...basically everything that most normal people want to avoid, I love! It's my guilty pleasure.

7. I used to be a writer...I was published in a few newspapers and won a few awards when I was younger, but I put it down after I became a mother. That's one reason why I love this blog so much...I feel like I'm reconnecting with a part of my former self.

Okay, so as for nominating 15 other blogs, I'm going to have to break the rules here. The following blogs are blogs that I truly love, and that you should really check out because these women are AMAZING, but I decided to do a top 6 instead . Oh, well! I nominate the following people:
I will notify all of my "nominees" on their blogs today or tomorrow. I want to thank Tara again for this awesome award. (Her blog is also totally worth following, by the way). It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awww thank you, Jennifer. That is so sweet and thoughtful of you, althought I still don't know if I understand the award thing! ha ha. I'm getting ready to start training for another half marathon... so we can virtually be in this together! :) Keep up your great work! You are awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million, Jen! That's an amazingly thoughtful compliment and I'm flattered. Your blog is a huge inspiration too! your doing an amazing job. It's so wonderful knowing there are many of us in the same boat and through the blogging community we get a great perspective on each other's journeys. Again, thanks for the kudos and keep up your hard work, sista!! : )

    P.S. I'm with you on the trashy reality television...can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm flattered! Thanks so much for the nomination, Jen (for what it's worth, all of my close friends call me "Jess", but Jessica doesn't bother me either) :)
    I love your blog and it gives me tremendous inspiration.
    I'm totally with ya on the trashy TV. I can't get enough Bachelor or Big Brother! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we need to start a reality TV rundown day on our blogs?? Ha!

    ReplyDelete