Saturday, June 19, 2010

Good Run

Well, I changed it up a little bit yesterday and went running with my best friend in her neighborhood. She is slightly farther ahead of me as far as running goes, but to her credit, she only left me in the dust for about 30 seconds and then came back for me. :0) Anyway, I finally broke the mile and ran 1.4 miles!
I have done some run/walk sequences, but I'm finding that just running as far as I can seems to be working better for me. I have a hard time picking back up after stopping to walk, and I think that's more mental than physical. I think I just enjoy all-out running more, and feel like I'm accomplishing more.
Today was a rest day, and I'm sure tomorrow will be too as it is Father's Day and we will be going out of town for the day. But as of Monday, I'm digging in my heels and really getting started working towards this 5k. I hope to be able to increase my distance to 3 miles within the next 3 weeks.
We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I remember when I started the Civilian Fitness plan on post and the trainer would say your almost there, keep going almost there..until I would just not be able to go anymore..and he would be like you went so far past your goal! It was more about me not running/lifting to a stop number it was me running/lifting to my bodies ability. It is always so much more mental for me that physical. I am so proud of you for not quitting you are becoming a huge inspiration to me! I love you so much for having the courage to put yourself out there so honestly. Your that voice that is letting the rest of us know, no we are not alone in these struggles. Love you so much, smooches!

    ReplyDelete