Saturday, June 5, 2010

Progress


Ran a little further today. My neighborhood goes in a circle and the diameter is 1/3 of a mile long. Last time I walked a lap, ran a lap, walked a lap, and ran half a lap. Today I walked a lap, ran a lap, walked a lap, and ran an entire lap. I am still getting winded pretty easily, but it was much easier today than it was two days ago.
I'm feeling pretty confident, even after such a small improvement. Maybe this is why running is so addictive...because it just gives you so darn many opportunities to feel good about yourself. God knows I need all of those I can get to combat all of the horrible insults I deal myself on a daily basis.
By the way...I've ditched the running shoes for now. I'm running in an $8 pair of water shoes that I picked up from WalMart. My best friend convinced me to give this "barefoot" running a try...there's a lot of science behind why running shoes ultimately end up hurting instead of helping, but I'll get into that at a later date when I'm more of an expert on it. For right now, its amazing to run and not be in excruciating pain afterword. My joints feel perfectly normal, and that includes the knee that I hurt. Does anybody want an almost brand new pair of Asics??? I don't think I'm going to have a use for them anymore.
Anyway, things are looking up for right now. I'm going to try to get past a lap tomorrow. (I am so pathetic!! Why can't I fast forward to running REAL distances?? I can't wait til I hit the one mile milestone!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment