Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wii Fit Fun!! (Eyeroll)

I've really been trying to find some new alternatives for exercise lately and unfortunately my Pussycat Dolls workout DVD has suffered a terminal scratch and will now be laid to rest. :(
So I decided to do the Wii Fit for a little while today! I used to do it all the time before I started running and I thought it offered a really good workout. I started off with the Wii Fit Island Run. I've only done this twice before because it just wore me out too badly. Anyway...so I did it and I didn't even break a sweat and it only offered about ten darn minutes of exercise. The funny thing about it was that the two previous times I did it, my burn rate results were 35% and 48%. I remember thinking "What in the world do you have to do to get a good score on this?" Well, today my burn rate was 115%!!! That made me laugh. I guess these past few months have made at least a slight difference in my fitness levels, eh?
Aside from the amusment factor, I wasn't too thrilled with Wii Fit this time around. It was boring and I burned only like 98 calories and none of the exercises made me feel like I was accomplishing anything! So I gave up and just went for a brisk walk outside. I could've run, but I took the hubby along for entertainment value.
Wii Fit isn't exercise!! I can't believe I used to think it was!

Here is a video making fun of it like it deserves:

2 comments:

  1. I have not tried Wii fit but I have heard more people say it's more of a game than exercise. I know you are trying to lose weight. When I lost my weight, weight lifting was a big part of it. I'm not saying lift to get big but it certainly helps you lose weight. Just a thought. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing today when I got on the treadmill and said that I would *only* run 2 miles because I havent run in over two weeks. Ummm....a year ago you couldnt have paid me to run for 30 seconds....and I am sure I wasnt even capable of that then :)

    good for you for trying something different though.

    ReplyDelete