What if I did the Couch to 5k program?
Yes, I did just run a half marathon. I realize that. But it was almost two months ago and I haven't run further than 4 miles since. And that was only once. Realistically, I think I've lost a lot of my fitness. I have to take more and more walk breaks, my breathing is just out of control all the time. I don't know if the cold weather may have something to do with that??
This is why doing C25k appeals to me right now:
- It would be like following a training program, which would definitely get me out of the house and burning calories!
- BUT it wouldn't be too much pressure, either. It would be something that I know I could do and wouldn't be ultra time consuming.
- There's a 5k in April that I want to run, and I think a good goal would be to run the entire thing.
- Maybe it would make me a faster runner? (Not that that matters to me at all, of course it doesn't.)
- It would be a structured way for me to focus on losing all the walk breaks without feeling like I failed everytime I start to walk.
- It feels like a huge backward step.
- My ego doesn't want to admit that I may need it.
Anyone have an opinion on the topic??