Monday, December 6, 2010

Finally!! (Monday Weigh In and a Little Announcement)

I am happy to report that I am down 2.8 this week, which makes my weight 204.8. I have FINALLY passed the 10 lb threshold! I began trying to lose weight in April of this year. I started running. I hurt my knee. I healed and kept running. I trained for a half marathon. I RAN a half marathon. How did all that affect my weight? Nothing, zip, zero, zilch, NADA!! I sort of feel like I have scientifically proven to the universe that exercise doesn't make you lose weight. But anyway!!

I haven't given up the running, by the way. I don't really track my running on Daily Mile anymore because I'm trying to log it into My Fitness Pal and its a totally different system there. MFP only counts your miles per hour, not your pace per minute. Actually, most of my runs are still too slow for me to even log them into MFP as runs!! Lol. It usually qualifies as brisk walking...but whatever. I am still running, is the point.

I was supposed to do a 5k this Saturday, but decided not to. It was a bridge run, and I just flat out didn't feel like doing all that hill training to get ready for it. Ever since the half, I'm really enjoying just running for myself. No pressure, no specific distance, just me and my legs and my breath. I feel like I'm being reminded of why I fell in love with running in the first place. I'm gonna continue to just run for me for awhile. BUT that doesn't mean that I'm going to slack off on my running goals, oh no. Just the opposite in fact.

So here is my official announcement that I am going to be running the Rock 'n' Roll Savannah MARATHON on November 5, 2011.



 Yes, I said marathon. 26.2...the whole way. Yes, its almost a whole year from now, but what do ya want from me?? I just started running a few months ago!! Its going to take me a long time to train for this one. Anyway, I figured I would go ahead and tell you guys now. Once I say something on The Blog, I just have an awful time taking it back. I think I blogged (not trained) my way into running the half.

I hope everyone has a great week!! Oh, and I'm going to try to be under 200 by Christmas!!!

7 comments:

  1. I am the same way... I run and exercise and the scale barely moves...it has taken me since August to lose 6lbs...so slow. But I know I am more fit than some people that have a great number on the scale.

    How did you find the courage to commit to your first half...and how long did you train for it? I am thinking a half may be one of my goals for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait wait... will that still leave you in good enough shape to do the Disney with me?
    Great job with your weight loss, and your goals. You know your my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, congrats on the loss! and you´re so good with the running, can´t wait to get there myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that's awesome!

    and i totally feel you on the not losing any weight while training for a half....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to do great! Rock that marathon, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! That sounds like a great goal for you to work toward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wohooo RNR's are soooo fun. I love Savannah so I bet this will be a blast! By your dailymile it looks like you are racking up some Holiday Bootie Buster points!

    ReplyDelete