Wednesday, January 19, 2011
This really tickled me, because I've never been accused of having a stylish ANYTHING before! Please go check out both of these blogs because they're definitely worth a read (and you might be like me and just get lost in the archiving.)
The rules are to list and link back to who gave you the award, and to list seven things about yourself. So here we go:
1. My favorite color depends on my mood, but has been leaning toward purple lately.
2. My favorite place on earth is New York City, and I hope to be able to live there one day even if just for a year or so.
3. I love musicals, and have more musical soundtracks on my Zune than regular music.
4. That being said, I never run to music. I like to hear my breath and footfalls, no matter the distance.
5. I love my cats almost as much as my children.
6. Driving in big cities terrifies me, and prevents me from traveling most of the time.
7. I think Sarah Michelle Gellar is the most gorgeous woman in Hollywood, and I'm sorely upset that I don't look like her.
The second award I received was The Honest Scrap from Polar's Mom and Bethanny.
I was really honored here, because these two women are probably the ones that I would have given this award to had they not given it to me first. They're two of the most honest bloggers I know (which is probably why they received the award in the first place, duh) and sometimes it makes me uncomfortable to even read them because they call out emotions in themselves that I don't even want to admit that I have.
1. I feel like an incompetent mother most of the time, to the point where I don't really like to discuss my children with people for fear they will think poorly of my mothering skills also.
2. I didn't go to my 10 year high school reunion because I was afraid that nobody there would remember me.
5. I experience extreme anxiety when looking at things that aren't smooth, like tree bark and ivy, and cracks in the desert. I could literally spend hours peeling bark off of a tree to "fix it!"
10. I still amazed every day about how great my marriage is even after 10 years and marrying so young. My husband and I are still crazy about each other and best friends and we have all these stupid inside jokes that nobody else thinks is funny. I'm still just as attracted to him as I was a decade ago. I keep waiting for this to get old (as so many people seem to think is inevitable), but I gotta say--I don't think its going to. I think I was just one of the rare lucky people who got to find their mate early in life.
Thanks again so much everyone for the awards. They really put a bright spot in an otherwise dismal week!!