Sunday, January 2, 2011

So Glad I Went

Today was Day 2 of the 100 Days Challenge. I went running. I REALLY didn't want to. My rollerblades were calling my name...lately that's all I've wanted to do. But I knew I needed to go for a run, so I sucked it up and went. Yay for me.
I did the first 2.2 miles without stopping at all. This hasn't happened in...uh....well....a while. And I did the 2.2 in 25 minutes flat, which is a little over 11 minutes a mile. So I think my pace is really improving! Although I haven't done any speed training?
I ended up doing a 5k in 38.16 which is over a minute faster than my official 5k back in September.
Most importantly...I felt strong! I felt like a runner again! I have been feeling more like a not-so-much-of-a-runner lately. But screw that, I'm totally a runner. :-D

4 comments:

  1. Like my running Idol says...if you run you are a runner! :) Nice job, Jennifer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally a runner! Congrats on a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! You are a runner, if you get out and run and feel good about it/yourself at the end, your a RUNNER!!!

    ReplyDelete